[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 brake failure switch

Nathan Obuch nathanobuch at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 04:09:26 BST 2006

Gavin,
    I have not had experience with SD1s, but with dual
master cylinder MGBs, there is a pressure differental
piston in the master cylinder which shifts forward or
back if there is an imbalance in the fluid pressure
between the rear and front brakes. You probably
tripped the pressure differental piston when you bled
the rear brakes. You can probably recentralize it by
partially opening a bleed screw on the front brakes
and depressing the brake pedal until the piston is
centralized, then reinsert the switch. If air gets in
during this procedure, you may need to re bleed.

       Best of luck,
          nathan