[ROVERNET - UK] 5+ cars Updated Attendance List for Maryland Rover Meet 9/30/06

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Wed Aug 16 02:30:40 BST 2006

Roll call!!!   Sign in, please!

**** Show organizers have confirmed that they will reserve space so that
we will be able to park together in one location.
        Let's get some more cars and negotiate a Rover category!  These
are some nice cars!

Confirmed attendance list for the Rover Meet at the "MG on the Rocks"
show in Maryland:

Glen Wilson (no car yet, working on it...)

Tony LaVigna, Beltsville, Maryland   Status:registered
1964 P5 Saloon in tan and brown (two tone)
1970 P6 Federal 3500S in white

Jose Scoseria, Potomac, MD   Status:registered
1960 p4-80  grey over blue
1968 p6-2000tc  burnt grey

G. Warren Smith,Slippery Rock, PA   Status:registered
1970 3500S (Brigade Red)

Steven Dibdin, NJ (late of Brooklyn, NY)
P6 2000TC (needs advice sorting his car!!!)

To Rover Enthusiasts Mid-Atlantic Region of the USA :

Several RSTCA members in the general neighborhood of Maryland have asked
that we encourage Rover enthusiasts to get together at the "MG On the
Rocks" car show and parts market in northern MD on Saturday September
30, 2006. The park is located about 30 miles north of Baltimore and 8
miles northwest of Bel Air, Maryland. For maps and specifics, please see
below.

I am late in getting off the mark on this but Tony LaVigna and Jose
Scoseria have rattled my cage! Looks like we already have at least one
each of P4, P5, and P6, so keep 'em coming. If you can bring a car,
registration is only $15.00 if done before 9/1. I will be contacting all
of the RSTCA members who are on our mailing list and within a state or
two of the event. Anyone who has not previously had any contact with the
RSTCA is certainly invited to attend and coordinate with us.

As a personal service from me (Glen Wilson) and to make it easy to
register (and to get you off your butt), I will do the registration
paperwork for you. Email you car details (year, model, color) to me at
rovercar at comcast.net in the next few days, send $15.00 to the same email
address via PayPal, and I'll fill out the forms and mail them in to the
show organizers. Get them to me no later than 8/23/06 because I'll be
sending in what I have the following day. If we register en masse, they
may give us a category with prizes (for you guys who live for that). If
you want to register yourself, go below to the link labeled Registration
Form & Flier, print it out, fill it out, write a check and mail it in.

Don't think about i! Just register NOW and come to the show!

If I can get a head count of people who can bring Rover saloons to The
Rocks, I will contact the show organizers and try to get us a Rover
saloon category or at least a place where we can park our cars together.
It will be important to get our registration materials in as soon as
possible. Bring a Rover if you can, but come visit with us at the show
even if you come by taxi or oxcart. Again, I apologize for getting on
this at such a late date, but some of us worry about asteroid collisions
and don't plan far ahead!

;-)

I expect that this will be a typically low-key RSTCA event. That means I
will show up with a green awning, a green card table, some folding
chairs and some handouts. Once we have a list of people planning to
attend, we can see if people are up for other activities.  I know Tony
sings opera and Jose does that thing that he does. Don't miss it!

I have never attended this event before, but I have always heard glowing
reviews of both the show and the beautiful location. It's run by an MG
club and advertised as a sportscar event, but all marques and models are
welcome.

PLEASE RESPOND via the Rovernet or contact me directly at
rovercar at comcast.net

Please let me know if you have registered a car so that I can tell them
what to expect.

Glen Wilson, RSTCA

Information follows:

General Map:  http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Bel+Air,+MD

Rocks State Park Website:
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/central/rocks.html

MGs on the Rocks Show:
http://www.mgsofbaltimore.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=2

Registration Form and Flier:
http://www.mgsofbaltimore.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=32&Itemid=47

Rocks State Park
3318 Rocks Chrome Hill Road
Jarrettsville, MD 21084
(410)557-7994

MGs of BALTIMORE Ltd. PRESENTS The 27th ANNUAL

MGs ON THE ROCKS CAR SHOW & PARTS MARKET

Saturday September 30th, 2006 Rain or Shine
Rocks State Park, 4 H Camp, Harford County, Maryland Rocks
There's only one place for a British sportscar owner on September 30th
and that's at the Annual MGs On The Rocks Car Show. This low pressure,
popular vote event gives you the opportunity to show off your car while
trading stories and gathering those parts that you're sure you'll need
some day.
The site in Rocks State Park is a beautiful country setting so bring a
picnic basket and join the fun. Entertainment and music provided all day
long. Rocks is a family event, bring the whole gang (please - no pets).
Food (Pit Beef!) and refreshments will be available for purchase.
Rocks also has one of the largest British "For Sale" areas you'll find.

Awards

 * Three Awards per Car Class (or as determined by pre-registration)
 * Dash Plaque awarded to first 200 entries (yes there are more than 200
cars.
 * Popular Vote Judging By Adult Participants 12 -2 PM
 * Awards Presented at 3 PM

Registration Fees

 * $15.00 Per Car Registered Before 9/1
 * $20.00 Per Car After 9/1
 * $20.00 Registration Fee for "Cars For Sale"
 * $2.00 spectator Fee, Children 12 and under free

Location

Rocks State Park is located off Exit 77 of route 95 13 miles north on
route 24 West. Signs will be posted on Route 24.

Lodging Available at I-95 Exit 77

Lodging

 * Days Inn 410-679-9555
 * Comfort Inn 410-679-0770
 * Best Western 410-679-9700

Rocks Officials

 * Tracy Trobridge , Registrar 410-442-2716
 * Richard Liddick, President 410-817-6862
 * Mike Lutz, Chairman 410-592-8610