[ROVERNET - UK] Rover brand name sold

Drew Egginton drew at pitstop.net.au
Thu Aug 17 04:18:40 BST 2006

Yes, apparently Nanjing will produce a revised MGTF and ZT (possibly
renamed MG7) in the UK and optimistically MGTF coupes in Oklahoma, USA.
SAIC (I think I mistakenly wrote Nanjing in the last post) will make
this new 75 and 25 in China. Interestingly, several previous suppliers
have put their hands up to help Nanjing with the TF and I've read Lotus
is assisting with upgrading the K-series engine. You would think
(despite freshening up) these models would be well past their use-by
dates by the time they're on the market compared to their competition!
Many "poorer" countries have a long history of taking over production of
old UK/European designs. Hindustan anyone?

UK dealer SMC has also been offering some great deals on the last of the
ZTs & 75s.

Andrew E
Perth, Aust