[ROVERNET - UK] Rover brand name sold

Drew Egginton drew at pitstop.net.au
Thu Aug 17 05:44:58 BST 2006

Let me just edit that last one again...

Yep, the last "quality at any cost"  new Mercs seem to be the R129 SL,
W124 E Class & W140 S Class. I've got a 300TE that seems bulletproof and
two friends have had W210 E Classes that regularly have had dramas. I
see for the revised W211 E Class they have dropped the troublesome
Sensotronic brakes, but otherwise MB seems to be trying hard with the
latest cars to regain their reputation. But a Merc is still a Merc!

Oops... better start talking about Rovers!