[ROVERNET - UK] P6B compression / carb adjustment - some answers

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Fri Dec 1 02:11:49 GMT 2006

Hi Rob,
I would try this myself except I don't want to mess with
success.  I cannot explain it, but the only LT77 I am
running at present is using EP90 and shifts smoother than
butter.  I don't drive it in winter and would be afraid to
do so for fear of shearing the drive dog.  This was not my
choice of lubricants as the previous owner of the box had
started it out on EP90 and it has worked so well I didn't
want to change it over.  It is from a '79 TR7.  Rebuilding
another box is on my "to do" list but is low priority.  I
have new synchros and abunch of new gears and about four
rebuildable boxes.

I am preparing to retire sometime in the next two years or
so and am in the process of purchasing the ten acres of
land upon which some of my parts cars have been stored for
the last ten years.  I'm thinking of naming the place
Valhalla...where old Rovers go when they die(although
there are more MG's on the place than Rovers).  We're also
shopping for a house in San Antonio so all you Rover nuts
will have a base from which to operate when you go to Six
Flags, Sea World, the Roverwalk (no, that's Riverwalk
isn't it) and the Alamo....or you can do like the guys
from TARC used to do the last time we lived in San Antonio
and use it as a stopover on your way to South Padre
Island.  Winter on South Padre is like summer in Montreal
except they speak Spanish instead of French.

Roverly,
Kent K.

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006 10:03:12 +1030