[ROVERNET - UK] Series 2 in North America

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Sat Dec 9 15:11:27 GMT 2006

Hi Nathan,

The 2200 was never formally sold by Rover North America in either Canada
or the US.  The first Series IIs were 2000's and 3500's.  By the time
the 2200 was introduced in 1973, Rover had gotten out of the North
American market (in 1971).

Eric and others have bored out their 2000 blocks to use 2200 pistons,
so, yes -- I believe the 2200 block is basically a bored out 2000.  I
don't know the details of other limited changes.

--Steve