[ROVERNET - UK] P6B Heater / Cooling system- To flush or not to flush?

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 17:05:08 GMT 2006

--- Peter Mitchell <peterm at arach.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Rovernetters
>
> I hope that I am back on line.  I installed an
> Office 2003 upgrade and my
> email changed to html; I think that is what took me
> out of the loop.
**********************************
Peter,
I am glad you traced back your problem of posting to
the Rovernet.  That explanation of yours may help
others who upgrade their software to check the format
of their initial messages.  HTML or Rich Text is fun
to use but it has some limitations of use in mailing
lists, people who use telephone modems (length of
message ), and portable devices such as PDAs,
Blackberry, and Smartphones (length of message).
The message is longer due to:
1.  HTML code used to produce color and bold text,
etc.
2.  The HTML coded message
3.  Often the plain text version underneath it all
     (multipart/alternative)

Regards,

Eric

Webmaster & Magazine Editor: