[ROVERNET - UK] Re: Warm beer

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 17:44:02 GMT 2006

My black Lucas T-Shirt has the Lucas lion-rampant
large and in the centre, the word "LUCAS" underneath,
"Prince of Darkness" in a bit of a scroll print under
that, with the following quote in small print but all
capitals underneath that(all printed in silver):

"A gentleman does not motor about after dark."
Joseph Lucas 1834 - 1903.

Eric

--- Geoff Kirkpatrick <britcarnut at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes heard it before many times but it's still
> funny....
>
> And I have a t-shirt which commemorates Joseph Lucas
> as the "father of the
> intermittent wiper."
>
> Geoff K.
>
> ******************
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:24:05 -0800
> From: Frank Sommers <gout at comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: [ROVERNET - UK] Saloon / Sedan /
> Hardtop ???
> To: rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
> delsp=yes; format=flowed
>
> I don't suppose anyone has heard this joke:
>
> Why do the British drink their beer warm?
>

> Lucas refrigerators
>
> ha
>
> Frank

Webmaster & Magazine Editor: