[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 fuel problems

Gavin.Walker at csiro.au Gavin.Walker at csiro.au
Tue Feb 21 22:45:39 GMT 2006

Last night I poured in 10 litres of fuel, new fuel filter, and ran the
pump.  Filter filled right up.  It was very difficult to start though.
Once started, it idled at 2300rpm slowly rising to 2800rpm.

The right hand piston was flat on the bridge but the left hand one was
quite high.  Adjusting the idle screw didn't seem to make much
difference.   I suspect the diaphragm is damaged on the right hand
Stromberg.  No problem, I have plenty of spare strombergs to filch one
from.  I can change the damper oil at them same time as the two pistons
seem to have different resistances.

Gavin Walker
Canberra, Australia