[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Rear Headrests

James Dean jaguru at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 26 19:52:03 GMT 2006

I assumed the ET headrests ended about 68, but am not sure. Every one I had
had no reading lamps. I have a set of nice later , forward leaning style,
the same color. They will interchange.I am not sure if either is better; but
I was rearended about 25 years ago, driving a 2000TC with ET headrests. I
was stopped at a light, and a lady out celerating her birthday rearended me,
doing about 40 MPH. . The rear of th rover looked terrible, the front
seatbolts ripped out, and the seat tipped back to the back seat.I was
wearing a seatbelt, and was not affected.Naturally, her insurance company
was very anxious to settle with me, and have me sign a release.I think I
accepted about $1500, which seemed a lot back then, unbolted all the bad
panels, and bolted on good panels the same color, and fixed it in a few
hours.I think I had to bang out the base about a half inch, by the bootlid.I
certainly will vouch for the ET headrests, and Ralph Nader's statement in
"Unsafe at any Speed, about the P6,that"All Cars should be built like this"
James Dean, Ft. Lauderdale.