[ROVERNET - UK] Headrests again

Drew Egginton drew at pitstop.net.au
Mon Feb 27 09:53:50 GMT 2006

ET headrests are extremely rare on P6 & P6Bs in Oz, rare on P5Bs but you
do see them on P5 Mk IIIs here. I can only guess that the distributors
here chose not to specify them (they certainly make P6s claustrophobic)
and the ones we do see originally came in on "home delivered" cars. You
may not be aware that "facelift" or Mk II 3500 automatics were assembled
in NZ for the Aust & NZ markets from 1971 and all of these had the
(teardrop style) headrests (a safety requirement) and thinner seats than
the UK (3500S) cars to enable the mandatory inertia reel seatsbelts to
fit. Of course Americans don't need to wear seatbelts!

Andrew Egginton
Perth WA