[ROVERNET - UK] Unique P6s for sale ! ex-works rally, convertible

lingfield51 at tiscali.co.uk lingfield51 at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 12:51:17 GMT 2006

Given that the Rally car has had a new shell it does raise the old chestnut
of " what is original". What you are actually getting for your £6000 is probably
some original rally car parts fitted to another shell. In fairness the seller
makes no secret of the fact but unfortunately from my point of view this
is not an 'original' merely a very well prepared replica with many original
parts and carrying the original documentation. I have no doubt I will stir
up a variety of views and opinions but for my money I would want a original,
original not an original replica. I appreciate the shell was rotten and beyond
saving and therefore the only option was a new sheel, and I am genuinely
pleased it has survived in this form, but original!!! Can it honestly be
THE '65 Rally Car? Your opinions and comments
will be viewed with interest.

Regards

Alan Francis
(partviking)