[ROVERNET - UK] Brake servo rebuild(s)

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 17:58:21 GMT 2006

Steven,
I have done 2 and "2 halves" restorations.  If you do
everything at once, you know where you stand.  It
sounds like this is a process of discovery (like
peeling an onion).  Once you've retored an assembly,
it should be good for years.

If you are rebuilding your servos yourself, uncluding
a complete air control kit will insure that the little
valve is looked after and the visual effect of new
nylon will be appealing to you.

I used fine wet and dry paper to hone the little
cylinder in which the air control valve sits. A minute
smear of rubber grease on the new air control valve
seal might be important.

Eric

=== message truncated ===

Webmaster & Magazine Editor: