[ROVERNET - UK] Rover 10 running and racy

Alan Gale agale at iinet.net.au
Thu Jan 12 14:12:12 GMT 2006

Well it's done - first startup went beautifully tonight.
Lots of oil pressure, lovely quiet engine, lots of torque in all the
right places and good indications of a wonderful performance as she
loosens up.
Lots of little things to be done, including getting the new rear
mudguards fitted and painted, and the generator is only putting out a
piddling amount.
But everything else that should be working is doing its job - so with
luck and efficient panel beating she should be ready for the first local
Rover car club run at the end of the month.
Lovely crackly exhaust note - just what I wanted, and when the diff
ratio is eventually lengthened a bit I think she will be an absolute
pleasure to take in the country.
Thanks so very much to all list members who have chipped in with helpful
advice since work began in July.

Alan Gale