[ROVERNET - UK] P6B Differential ratios

Peter Mitchell peterm at arach.net.au
Sat Jan 14 04:10:06 GMT 2006

Hello Netters

When I joined the group 2 years ago, it was with a query about changing my
BW65 auto transmission over to an overdrive tranny, and I still have the
however I have been giving thought of late to another way of reducing my
engine revs for the cruise.

I understand that my standard P6B differential has a 3.08:1 ratio, but that
the Rover 2000 had a 3.54:1, and some rally Rovers had a 4:1 ratio.... Is
this right?

Therefore, could I exchange my differential/or its gears, for ones of a
higher ratio?

Comments would be most gratefully received.  I have a spare standard diff,
so there is the opportunity work on it on a bench without taking my car off
the road.

Rovergearlingly [sorry Kent]

Peter Mitchell
Perth WA [Oz]