[ROVERNET - UK] Federal 3500S brakes sticking

Tom Trafton v8rover at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 31 17:03:07 GMT 2006

Glen

I just finished a rebuild of the servo unit in my Jag Mk II and can offer
the following thoughts;  check the vacuum hose itself to make sure that it
doesn't suffer from interior deterioration.  If the inner wall of the hose
is collapsing under vacuum it can act as a 'check valve' failing to release
vacuum thus keeping the brakes on until it bleeds down.  It wouldn't hurt to
simply replace the hose. Also advise Mr. Fox to get a good service manual so
he is sure that he has all the parts assembled correctly.  And ascertain
that the manifold mounted check valve is functioning correctly.

Hope this is of help.

Tom