[ROVERNET - UK] ebay sale

Ted Holman ted_holman at vintagesuzuki.com
Sat Jul 1 16:27:01 BST 2006

Glen, I have been an Oregon Licensed Dealer for twenty-five years. The only
form that is required by law is a secured odometer form if the vehicle being
sold is less then ten years old, a bill of sale and an "As Is" disclaimer
that must be posted on the vehicle. The dealer is not required to transfer
title if the buyer demands it. The total cost of these forms is less then a
dollar. As a dealer, you may charge a fee for processing documents which is
what he is doing, even if it takes him five minutes to do so. I have sold
over thirty bikes and cars on eBay in the past seven years, purchased
another ten and have never charged or been charged this fee. This guys
feedback reflects other's unhappiness with his business practices. If it had
been announced clearly and not buried, there would be nothing to complain
about.