[ROVERNET - UK] TC CARB TUNE

Slatskars slatskars at comcast.net
Sun Jul 2 17:13:12 BST 2006

Take a short piece  (about 24 inches) of 1/4" hose, such as vacuum line or
fuel line. Put one end in your ear (either one) place the other end in the
opening of the carb about 1/4". Use your thumb nail as a gauge. You will be
able to hear the air flow and compare them. You can get very close this way.
This is what we did back in the late 50's before we had unisyns. Note: You
disconnect the connecting linkage between the carbs before balancing them.
Then reconnect the linkage and set the idle speed. You could also use a
stethoscope if you have one. Unisyns are not terribly expensive, about $20.

Slats