[ROVERNET - UK] Re: CKD Rovers

Drew Egginton drew at pitstop.net.au
Mon Jul 3 02:38:45 BST 2006

Series II P6B 3500 automatics for the Australian & NZ market were built
in Nelson, NZ from c1971 to c1976, whereas the 3500S we received here
downunder came all the way from Solihull. The NZ CKD cars were shipped
from the UK minus their roof structures to save space and had a bit of
NZ content like glass, carpets etc.

I believe a handful of P4s were assembled in Australia the late 1950s to
see if this was viable, but does any one else know any more about these?

Andrew Egginton
W Australia