[ROVERNET - UK] A Little OT eBay Help, Please...

Glen Wilson glenwilson at cavtel.net
Sat Jul 8 19:54:47 BST 2006

Hi,

Item 160006075496

ebay.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160006075496&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fmotors.search.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D160006075496%2509%26fvi%3D1

I need to have some people in foreign countries look at an eBay listing of
mine and tell me what they see from their locations. I thought the Shipping
Calculator feature was pretty cool, but some buyers are not getting the hang
of it. It also doesn't list some of the cheaper shipping alternatives.

I tried listing an item with several flat-rate options that apply to various
regions of the world. From the USA, it shows shipping as being only $3.50 USD
which is all right. What I am wondering is whether it shows that same price
in the UK, Europe, Canada and Australia. If some of you could take a look and
tell me what shipping price is displayed at the top by default and let me
know what country you are in, I would greatly appreciate the help. I'm just
wondering if the guy in Japan is going to look at this listing and think
shipping to Tokyo is going to cost $3.50 USD or whether eBay will display a
more appropriate number up there. The flat-rate options that I set up are
shown at the bottom of the listing.

One of the cameras I had for sale on consignment for a client was listed for
sale in the USA only. I immediately got inquiries from all over the Pacific
Rim and sold it to a guy in Tokyo, but it was a complicated arrangement
because of the way some of eBays procedures are set up.

I've opened this auction to the USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia and Japan.
The only other option is to throw the thing open to the entire world. I am
assuming that people in New Zealand will be blocked from bidding unless I go
worldwide, but I don't necessarily want to be obligated to ship by boat to
Surinam or Gambia (not all postal services are offered everywhere).  If
you're from NZ, go to the auction listing and see if it appears to be
allowing you to begin the bidding or offer-making process or if eBay blocks
you.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Glen