[ROVERNET - UK] Rover On Ebay

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Wed Jul 26 13:35:01 BST 2006

I had a little correspondence with the seller to make him and hopefully
his potential buyers aware of the Rover community.   He said that  he
was mainly trying to generate interest in the car and that it seemed to
work in that he has some interested buyers coming to look at the car.
He wants to find an enthusiastic home for the car, so he's not in too
much of a rush to sell it.

I agree that $8000 to $15000 is not a bargain price compared to typical
Rover selling prices and not a good way to get ebay bidding started, but
there aren't many good 3 litres around and they are expensive to
restore.  It's not difficult to make $1000's disappear into rust repair
and paint...  Or if you start with a sunny-state car -- $$$ for paint
and upholstry.

--Steve