[ROVERNET - UK] Slightly OT but not quite

Peter Huttemeier peterhut at melbpc.org.au
Wed Mar 8 03:56:28 GMT 2006

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 21:59:42 +1100, you wrote:

>I have just bought the February edition of the UK mag 'Classics'. Yes, I
>know we get it about 2 months late seeing as though we are on the other side
>of the world and it has to come out by Tea Clipper etc etc.
>One of the articles concerned a Rolls Royce Merlin V12 (from a WWII

Ray,

You may not have been a member of RCCA back then, but a number of
years ago we visited the factory of Vintage Restorations in Blackburn.
A huge factory full of very interesting cars in various stages of
restoration.

In a back room up on some (substantial) shelves were two Merlin
engines waiting a spare moment for a restoration!!

Cheers,

Peter H