[ROVERNET - UK] 4.6 in the P6

Sands sands2005 at home00.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Mar 13 20:09:07 GMT 2006

G'day Ted,
                  The P76 was a Leyland Car built in Australia and
released onto the market at a time of tremendous rises in the price of
fuel. A few websites refer to the P76 as a Rover P7.  The V8 motor often
known as the Terrier V8 was quite a versatile beast and was used in a
number of applications including school buses in South Australia. The
sedan was an unusual looking design, though not wholly unpleasing. The
Targa Florio was a rare model and quite highly prized. They had a coupe
version known as the Force Seven which was a really wild looking
car....there was (used to be??) an example in the Birdwood Mill Motor
Museum (in South Australia).

Mike  820 Vitesse   Norwich  (for my Australian compadres, formerly
3500 Vanden Plas  Gawler)