[ROVERNET - UK] TC2000, 3500s for sale in Texas

Glen WIlson glenwilson at cavtel.net
Wed Mar 15 08:15:05 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 13:43 +1100, Peter Huttemeier wrote:

> A bit unnecessarily in my opinion.  While he may be an expert on
> Rovers in US, i am sure he has little knowledge of the range of Rover
> models and each one's individual release specs and options here in
> Australia. Likewise Ray has little idea of what may have been released
> in the US. That is one of the great points of this list, it is
> international in perspective and the little minutiae that us Rover
> Nuts like can be explained.
>
> If it means explaining something that may have already been done
> before, so what!
>

> Cheers,
>
> Peter H

Peter,

Pierre's comment was, indeed, a little bit snippy, but I found it more
amusing than offensive, partly because he is usually so unerringly
polite and helpful. I didn't see any smileys in Ray's reply, but when I
read it, I heard Steve Martin saying, "Well, EXCUSE me!"

;-)

If there were no newcomers, when would we old-timers have any
opportunities to impress other people with our Rover smarts?

Finally, Australia has a rich and interesting automotive heritage of
models imported as well as models designed and manufactured there, to
say nothing of the great racers and race cars it has produced. Since you
are an independent lot, Australia has produced a lot of automotive
literature that never made it over to the USA (Who cares about those
Yanks?). I am always very interested to hear about Australian automotive
matters and especially enjoy postings on that subject.

Anyway, Ray seems to be all right with this, and Pierre will no doubt
apologize profusely and offer Ray a lifetime supply of free Rover parts
(less shipping) when he wakes up and reads these posts!

Maybe next time, I'll just resist putting my two-cents worth into the
mix!

Don't worry, be happy...

Glen