[ROVERNET - UK] Oft Repeated Questions

Kent Kinard kkinard at swbell.net
Wed Mar 15 15:00:25 GMT 2006

I did fit a Buick 215 to an Opel Manta some years back.  I built a
subframe to replace the front of the unibody and bolted the original
front suspension and crossmember to that. Cut a big hole in the firwall
and fabricated a new firewall/trans tunnel. Used a T-50 five speed from
a Buick Skyhawk.  I still have the trans, but sadly, not the
bellhousing.  I have done seveal TR7 to V8 swaps (fun and cost
effective) and assisted in several MGB conversions (now there's a lot of
work for little reward.)  There is an Innocenti Spyder in a barn south
of town which I think would be an excellent candidate for a swap and I
still have the remains of my daughter's Nissan 240SX, which looks to be
an easy swap as well.

Roverly,
Kent K.