[ROVERNET - UK] Oft Repeated Questions

Steven Dibdin sdibdin at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 15 21:20:15 GMT 2006

The Stag V8 is an interesting thing. It was underdeveloped at release, but
later models were pretty good and the 'new millennium' cylinder heads helped
address a lot of the remaining issues.

As a side line, the Stag engine was designed as part of the fractured
management of BL in the seventies. Some people maintain it was Triumph
engineers being pig headed and insisting that a Rover V8 would fit (Not
true). But I believe Spen King said in an interview published in
[ http://www.austin-rover.co.uk/ ] reckoned that it was because the Rover V8
plant had reached manufacturing capacity and they wanted a younger design.

I know I'm going to sound like a heretic by saying this; but a well tune
Triumph V8 is a very nice sounding lump.

Going there a bit, should be working right now.....

Cheers,

StevenD