[ROVERNET - UK] 2000 SC auto

James Dean jaguru at bellsouth.net
Sun May 14 03:12:20 BST 2006

I have a  69 2000TC I am gathering parts to take off the back burner.  This
seems like a good time to ask, since the thread is engine or gearbox swaps..
I sold it about 20 or 25 years ago, and bought it back 5 or 6 years later,
and properly restored it over a 10 year period.The interim owner had removed
the TC engine and fitted a 2000 single carb engine. I would like a little
more pep, and power to run the AC system as well. I need to replace the  4
speed gearbox, so will be removing the engine, anyway..The easiest would
just be to source a used complete TC engine and install it. I assume the
high compression causes pinging and other problems. I have a 2000TC head
that had been  reconditioned; though I do not know the year of that head, or
of the present 2000 engine. Would I be better off to fit the 2000TC head and
carbs to the present 2000 engine, to give better performance, but not quite
so high compression? Are these fully compatible? James Dean, Ft. Lauderdale.