[ROVERNET - UK] Auntie for sale on US eBay

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Wed May 17 22:44:16 BST 2006

On Wed, 17 May 2006 07:55:46 -0400
  "Ali Al-Abbasi" <alialabbasi at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Kent
>
> The first link should take you to a page with another
>link. Click on that
> and you will get to the eBay action.

Thanks, Al.  I finally got it to work.  At first I thought
this was a car I tried to buy in Ohio last year, but after
reviewing the pictures of that car, I'm sure this is a
different one.  The chassis number indicates a 1951, but
the grill shell is later.   This one appears to have the
chrome headlamp doors like the early Cyclopes, but it is
definitely not that early since it has round instruments.
 I have seen several later LHD cars with the chrome
headlight surrounds and wondered if the dealers didn't do
this to "dress the car up."  There is no clear picture of
the bonnet badge, so can't tell if it is Cyclopes or not.
 Likewise for boot handle.

Roverly,
Kent K.