[ROVERNET - UK] So why is it so hard to find a Rover in the U S?

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Fri May 19 01:56:42 BST 2006

I'm with Kent here -- there are many more Rovers in the US than one
would think.  A lot of them need work though, and they are spread
somewhat thin across a large country.

I find that the best Rovers present themselves when I have no garage
space or just after I have spent a lot of money on body work on a Rover
that's already in the garage.

Al, what type of Rover would you like?  I'll bet among the Rovernet and
RSTCA network you could find at least a good project car from each major
model range from P2 to 800/Sterling.  Probably several from each range
except P2 and P3.   Between Dad and me, we have a bit of an inventory
problem too.  Probably at least one each P4, P5 and P6 should be
considered surplus from our fleet.

Speaking of surplus, maybe we should start a thread about Rover *parts*
in the US...

--Steve Manwell