[ROVERNET - UK] Re: SD1 on Ebay

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Thu May 25 23:56:23 BST 2006

I'd advise anyone considering bidding on this car to be cautious.  In the
past year I have had two terrible experiences buying cars on Ebay from
these kind of consignment dealers.  They seem to be a magnet for people
wanting to hide behind someone else's feedback rating to dump crap cars.
The expensive lesson I've learned?  If you can't see the car in person,
pay the money to have the car professionally inspected before you bid.
This car will probably be cheap enough that you're not risking much, but
the seller's description is so uninformed that I'm hearing warning bells
and seeing red flags everywhere.

Geoff

"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps

Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA