[ROVERNET - UK] Rover Metal

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Fri May 26 15:05:41 BST 2006

Dear Netters,
I suffered major trauma yesterday when the owner of the
ranch where I have my surplus inventory stored stopped by
to say that he had had a major hail storm...lemon size
hail.  He had not been out to look at the Rovers but
feared major damage so I followed him home to see for
myself.  It didn't help any that his F250 looked like it
had made several runs to the Baghdad airport under fire.
 I prepared for this eventuality as best I could early in
the year, but was particularly concerned for two
unprotected P5's.  Along the way, we saw trees stripped
bare and houses with all the windows gone.  My precautions
worked well.  The plywood over the P4 bonnet held, so no
dents there.  The plywood over the good SD1 protected the
glass and the roof, though the exposed bonnet suffered
some damage ( I have lots of those anyway).  Major loss
was to P6 bonnets and boots which do not stand up to hail
very well.  Neither do the P6 roof pannels, though they
are steel.

The big surprise was the unprotected P5's.  Not a single
dent or piece of cracked glass!!!  I'm not saying they're
bulletproof, but I think the P5 must be made from recycled
Centurion tank armor.  I slept well last night.

Roverthanksgivingly,
Kent K.