[ROVERNET - UK] Parts at Advance Auto Parts for the 3500S

Glen Wilson glenwilson at cavtel.net
Wed May 31 08:38:55 BST 2006

Don't lose your receipts, Al.

;-)

I'll be mightily impressed if they have the brake pads. When you do your
search, remember also that the SD1 was marketed as the Rover 3500 in the USA,
and parts people sometimes confuse it with the 3500S P6.

Belts shouldn't be a problem. Radiator cap and thermostat and gasket, no
problem. Fuel filter would, I think, be a more or less generic thing.

You'll find they probably have the water pump as well as the gasket, but they
don't know it. I forget the application to ask for, but Kent would know.

They may also have many parts listed under Buick 215 V8 '61-'63 that would fit
your engine, but they aren't always a perfect match, so I'd check with the
Guru at Tx.  :-)

I believe I have used wires and distributor cap from the Buick 215. Or a
generic V8 wire set you terminate yourself. I once bought a full FelPro
gasket set from JC Whitney for the Buick 215 for $60, and 95% of the gaskets
matched. I'm sure they have the correct spark plugs, as well, but I would ask
for specific mfg. part numbers from Rovernet members. Some Range Rover and
SD1 parts work fine on the 3500S, but sometimes you get tricked.

Keep up the good work. You're an inspiration to us all!

Glen