[ROVERNET - UK] Rover P6 speedo.

James Radcliffe j_radcliffe at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 11 13:06:07 GMT 2006

>Message: 3
>Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 14:49:08 +1300
>From: "Clyde Cook" <ccook at netaccess.co.nz>
>Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] P6B Speedo Drive
>To: <rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com>
>
>Can the right angle drives that are attached to the gearbox for the
>speedo cables repairable?
>The square drive cable has broken where it goes into the gear box.
>It has the identifying marks BG.2401/00.
>Regards Clyde
>P5B
>P6B
>SD1
>Rover Gas turbine Water pump 1S/60
>Rover Gas Turbine Generator  1S/90

Yes. I take it that you are in New Zealand. There is a shop in Adelaide
South Australia that repair them for very resonable cost. They are Adelaide
speedo and gauge service. Unit 5, 65 OSullivan beach road Lonsdale. +618
8326 3866. You may want to get your instrument cluster checked also. If
there is something dragging there then that can cause breakages down the
line. I think that there is a right angle drive on the back of the cluster
as well. There certainly is on the Rover 2000's which I am more familiar
with.

James.