R: [ROVERNET - UK] Outer sills - Black but which black? AND Coachlines

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at san.rr.com
Wed Nov 22 03:55:21 GMT 2006

>>-----Original Message-----

Anyway, in the USA, these aluminum pieces are often left off when the
car is repainted. This and along with the absence of the coachline down
the side of the body are typically indications that the car has been
repainted.

Anyone else have thoughts on these added bits on the bottoms of the fenders?

Glen<<

I thought it was just a dodgy rust repair when I first saw it on my car; my
old RHD series 1 never had them and they do look a bit like an afterthought.

On the subject of coachlines can I ask some one with an original car or
access to the specs to tell me how far above the trim strips they were
painted? They look to have been painted on by an old fashioned coach painter
with a lining brush and a straight edge going by the few photos I have seen.
Some how I think this might be skill not found in the average body shop in
this day and age...

Aidrian