[ROVERNET - UK] Rover P6B - compression test query

roland veetwinrider at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 01:45:04 GMT 2006

--- Peter Mitchell <peter_m at amnet.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Netters,
>
> Thus the lowest cylinders were no 8 at 100 psi and
> no 6 at 110 psi.
>
> May I ask those more experienced than I, am I safe
> to expect a few more
> years of modest weekend use, or do I need to start
> saving for a rebuild?
>
> Opinions would be most welcomed.
Peter, it's right at the max tolerance of acceptance.
Lowest and highest being 25lbs max difference. It
would produce a bit of a lumpy idle, but if yours is
more of a surging, I'd have the carbs checked. Maybe
throttle bushings? What is the vacumn gauge readings?
I'd also check the distributor for shaft play. Good
luck and let us know what they find.

      roland
DL650
  Rover P5