[ROVERNET - UK] Calling Rovernet Brain trust!!!

roland veetwinrider at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 15:09:30 BST 2006

--- Ben Rodgers <irishrover at netscape.ca> wrote:

> Hi Roland
>               > checked anything that could leak
air, checked the
> gas line from back to
> front, all without results
Ben, when I got the car running the second time, many
years ago, the jet diaphram was torn and caused
flooding. I replaced it with a new one from MOSS (same
as big Healey). Car sat for some time and when
restarted again, that same diahpram deteriorated. Moss
replaced it with a new material one that would hold up
to MTBEs that was put into the fuel here. Fast forward
to last week, and the car started but did flood. This
time, it was the GROSS jet that hung up. I thought
this wasn't supposed to happen to GROSS jets! Pulled
the top of the float chamber and freed it up and it's
been fine. The fuel stinks though as it's four years
old. may be worth looking at it. It's a $15 part
located at the bottom of the carb.
I'm at a
> loss and don't know where
> to look next???