[ROVERNET - UK] Prejudice on the Rovernet..again

geffandjulie geffandjulie at comcast.net
Sat Oct 21 02:30:10 BST 2006

In 1950, my mother was denied a teaching job because of her Irish
surname...in the United States of America.
My daughter is married to a first generation Mexican American. Javier's
parents came to LA in the 50s, I am not sure legally or not, and both served
long careers in the USAF.
So, I wish to publicly disown, before this world audience, the sentiments
expressed by Americans Fritz Raushenberg and Steve Bridge.  This is
anti-Hispanic prejudice, pure and undiluted.
No American is clamoring to waste several billion $ on a fence at the
Canadian border, and nobody is harping on the numerous illegal Irish.
America is humanity's last, best hope (Australia is pretty good nowadays
too.) If Mexicans or others have the "gumption' to get here, I welcome their
contributions to our society.
I hope I never have the displeasure of meeting these who disgrace my country
in public.
Glen, your political commentary is also misplaced, but politics is an
accepted blood sport here now. Too bad. Both parties have much to offer.