[ROVERNET - UK] Autos

Slatskars slatskars at comcast.net
Mon Oct 23 03:21:58 BST 2006

Right on Glen. It was actually made in Butler, PA a little North of
Pittsburg. I saw one nine days ago at the Portland Northwest Car Collectors
show. It was a beautifully restored 1941 Black and Red convertible. Bantam
was the only one of the original bidders for the Jeep that came close to the
specifications. They also kept beating Willy's and Ford in the competitive
tests. But, the powers that be said that they were not a large enough
company to handle the required volume, leaving the other tow to build them
using Bantam engineering. They threw a bone to Bantam and let them make the
trailers that were towed by Jeep's. They went belly up after the was.

Slats