[ROVERNET - UK] Re:more servo woes

peter king peter at king-co.com
Wed Oct 25 14:04:16 BST 2006

I've been thinking through the servo rebuild, trying to recall
anything odd, and I have a hunch... when I removed the control
piston, there was spring pressure that had to be released before
removing the valve lever. When I replaced the rebuilt piston, it slid
into the chamber and advanced far enough to insert the lever without
applying any pressure to it. That makes me suspect that I may have
mounted the spring retainers the wrong way, allowing the spring to
somehow slip too far into the chamber. That would prevent the valve
from operating properly. I'll let you know what I find when I pull it
apart again.

peter