[ROVERNET - UK] Sale of Jaguar and Land Rover...Chrysler

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Sun Sep 3 03:31:27 BST 2006

Peter Huttemeier wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 16:23:10 -0400, Glen wrote:
>

>> Well, I don't know if there are Mitsubishi products now that used to
>> carry the Chrysler name, but Mitsubishi definitely did not "buy"
>> Chrysler!
>>

> They did here in Australia. Well at least the manufacturing facilities
> in Adelaide in the early 1980's. Chrysler withdrew completely from the
> Australian market at that stage. It is now making a comeback, albeit
> in small quantities with the PT Cruiser, Voyager, Crossfire and 300C.

Buying a factory is not the same as buying the company! They aren't
making Chryslers and Dodges with Mitsubishi nameplates on them, I'll
bet.  Anyway, I'll bet that if you check, Chrysler still owns a big
chunk of Mitsu, so it's easy to shift things back and forth. In the USA,
both Dodge Stealths and Mitsubishi Eclipses came out of the same factory
in Belvidere, Illinois.  Maybe they still do.

Glen