[ROVERNET - UK] Painting My Car - Maaco

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Tue Sep 12 05:33:26 BST 2006

Roland,

Those old Magnettes are sweeties!  I just missed getting one once.

My impression of painting cars is that you really need quite a bit of
space to do it well, but Practical Classics is full of beautiful cars
that were painted by some Brit in the alley behind his townhouse using
some sort of gizmo that involved a shop vac and a garden hose.

;-)

The first car I had to drive around was a Renault Dauphine that my
father had painted two-tone brown and white with a paint brush. It
actually looked pretty good, when I was seventeen!

Glen