[ROVERNET - UK] V8 Engine rebuild query

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Tue Sep 19 14:40:11 BST 2006

Hi Peter,
I think so.  I'm not aware of any differences between '68
and '76.  Other than the change to lower compression
pistons in October of '73, the changes take place with the
introduction of the SD1 in  the fall of '76.  Be sure that
whatever front cover/oil pump you use is in excellent
condition.  The pump is adequate for normal use and was
used in Buick V8 and V6 models with considerably higher
bearing loads up through '87, but the housing and gears
must be in spec.

Roverly,
Kent K.