[ROVERNET - UK] V8 Engine rebuild - surprised at professional advice

David Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Thu Sep 21 16:23:41 BST 2006

Hi Peter
I feel the rebuilder is more intent on making a few $$$$'s than
providing genuine service ....
:-(
I would not even consider a relinered unit unless they were top hat format.
Here is a dealer in my neck of the woods (not the cheapest)
http://www.triumphroverspares.com.au/html/specials.htm

NEW 3.9 short for $3250
or
a NEW 4.6 crossbolt block for $1950

Cheers
Dave
South Oz

Peter_Mitchell wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Following my posting this week re: rebuilding my spare '70 model V8 engine,
> I phoned a Rover mechanic colleague here in Perth. He referred me on to the
> engine rebuilder he uses, and this chap's advice was surprising.

<snip>