[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Tires

James Dean jaguru at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 23 04:14:11 BST 2006

My 69 2000TC has straight arms, and Magstar wheels. Several years ago I
replaced two 165-14 's with 175/70-14's on the back, , and drove down to Key
West . all was well, with luggage in the boot, on US-1.. We stayed on Big
Pine key, which has "sinking" spots, or depressions in the smaller
roads.Fortunately, the speed limit is low, to protect the little Key deer.
We took another couple for dinner, and every time we crossed these uneven
spots. I smelled rubber burning.The extra weight in the back seat caused the
tires to rub on the inside. The next day, I switched the tires, put the  old
165-14's on the back, and kept my speed down, until we were back in Ft.
Lauderdale. I will probably sell this car, and will include a pair of bent
rods, for the new owner. Magstars have a different offset, from normal
Rostyles. James Dean.