[ROVERNET - UK] RoverTC Brake Bleeding??

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 00:09:20 BST 2007

I've tried it with and without the engine running.
Both results have been satisfactory.

If the servos are removed and serviced, you may find
the following technique useful (learned from my late
guru, Art Baker):
* using an assistant to push the pedal, crack the
outlet joint of each servo in turn (ie. end of the
servo piston cylinder) as the assistant depresses the
pedal and tighten at the end of the pedal stoke as
it's held to the floor.  Repeat a total of three times
each servo.  Use a rag to catch the excaping fluid.
* the servo bleeding occurs after the rear caliper
bleeding and before the front calipers are bled.

The process removes trapped air if the servo pipes
have been removed.

Eric

--- Paul Smith <vmitps at netspace.net.au> wrote:

> I haver tried it both ways (on single servo), I
> think running it for the
> final bleed produces a slightly better result.
>
> PVS

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca