[ROVERNET - UK] brake line configuration 3500S or 2000TC

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 17:42:35 BST 2007

The bleed screw is on the left caliper using the
bottom hole (it's hard enough to reach as it is).

The top hole has a small pipe attached which is
supported by a steel tag secured to the back of the
left mechanism dust cover.  A flexible linking hose
(rounded end) is screwed into the coupling nut after
being secured by a special nut to the steel tag above.
 The opposite end of that hose has a flat end and is
secured into the bottom hole of the right caliper.
Another flexible hose, with a flat end, is secured
into the top hole of the right caliper and then
attached to a steel welded to an arch behind the
trunk/boot area.
Special note:  the hoses with the flat ends must be
secured and tightened into the right caliper *first*.
The other ends have nuts to be secured.

Eric

--- Bill Robertson <rover2000nut at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure the top line on the caliper went to
> the brake line from the
> master cyl and the bottom line goes to the other
> caliper but reading Pauls
> summation it would appear that is not
> correct...........His sounds logical
> but i don't think this was the way it is hooked up
> and the book does not
> show the hook up in any of my
> books................Is this correct
>
> Thanks
> Bill Robertson

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca