[ROVERNET - UK] Off Topic: Minnesota

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Thu Aug 2 10:45:14 BST 2007

Alan Francis wrote:
> Changing subject what on earth caused that bridge to collapse in
> Minnesota, any informed comment or conspiracy theories?
>
> Alan Francis (part viking)

Best info seems to be at http://www.startribune.com/

Lots of links and photos. There is a "before" photo from some years
back, and the bridge actually looks rather fragile and decrepit.

http://www.startribune.com/10204/story/1338970.html
Bridge was rated 'structurally deficient' in 2005

I guess *Isambard Kingdom* Brunel didn't do any work in Minnesota.

You know, in 1927 when Othmar Ammann
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Othmar_Ammann> designed the George
Washington Bridge across the Hudson River to NYC, he had the foresight
to design a future lower level which was finally added in 1964 doubling
the capacity of the bridge.