[ROVERNET - UK] original NADA 3500 S right-hand-drive !

Nathan Obuch nathanobuch at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 5 17:06:40 BST 2007

Glen,
     In England, I believe that the identity of a car
is determined on a "points" basis, with a certain
number of points assigned to each original major
component (bodyshell, engine, transmission,
suspension.) The car needs to retain a certain
percentage of original components to keep its
identity. In general, I think a secondhand bodyshell
subtracts enough points that the car's identity is up
for question.
    One Roverist (Reg Mason, I believe) "restored" a
rare Lucas injection prototype P6 3500S (I read about
it in Practical Classics Magazine, I think) using a
secondhand base unit. The debate raged on for months
afterwards in the "letters" section! The article
mentions that Reg now imports secondhand base units
from Australia (or was it SA?)

That's enough rambling for now!

Cheers,
Nathan