[ROVERNET - UK] Rover P5 3 Litre engine <mystery continues>

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Fri Aug 10 20:43:56 BST 2007

Oops!  I thought I covered all the possibilities in my summary, but
prefix 726 is for a 8.75:1 compression engine for a 4-speed/OD MkIa 3 litre.

The other MkIa's that I left out were:
725 for 8.75:1 4-spd without OD
727 for 7.5:1 without OD  and,
728 for 7.5:1 with OD

A 8.75:1 engine and the 4-speed/OD should be a nice combination -- I'm
intending to replace the 8.0:1 engine and automatic gearbox in my MkII
with the same setup.

--Steve