[ROVERNET - UK] Was: original NADA 3500 S right-hand-drive !, now WHAT??

Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton smokeandsteam at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 18:57:49 BST 2007

On 8/11/07, Glen Wilson <rovercar at comcast.net> wrote:
> The round gauge pod was first offered on the NADA 3500S and later was
> standard on the Series II cars in all markets. I don't recall if the pod
> was "handed" right or left on the NADA cars, but they would have had RHD
> pods ready for introduction by the time these cars were made, I guess.

They were trialled on 4 cylinder cars; there was a 2000S proposed
before the TC   which never made it to market. Some of the 2000S
goodies went into the TC but the round gauges got dropped along the
way and didn't appear on home market cars until the SII version

I'm still in two minds about round versus strip meters on P6s; the
strip meter gives a marvelous "sixties" feel to the dash - BAC fitted
strip mach meters to Lightnings back then - but the round gauges look
more in keeping with the expectations of the slightly up-market
demographic they were after

Aidrian